Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Hidden Gem - Kamille Corry


Since my return from Florence in 2008, I have felt a bit isolated as a an artist. The environment, conversation and culture that I was able to experience every day in Florence didn't exist here in Utah. Or so I thought. Recently, I was able to visit Kamille Corry's studio in Salt Lake. I have met her before, but briefly. And at the time I was too naive to see what a brilliant mind she had and how artistically mature she was. I'm very excited to get to know her more. She is such a cool person and incredibly talented. I only wish I could have realized this sooner.
The photo was taken Sunday when Jordan Sokol, Travis Seymour and I visited her studio for a few hours. Jordan and Travis are in town from Florence and North Carolina to teach at the month long workshop I am putting on at the Center for Academic Study & Naturalist Painting.

No comments: